Application deadline: August 20, 2019
WHO WE ARE
LondonFuse New Media Collective (LondonFuse) is a registered not-for-profit organization that promotes art, lifestyle and culture in London, Ontario and beyond. We create experiences and content by documenting events, artists, history, and business while advocating for the community by providing a fun and inclusive platform for readers like you.
We are made up of a collaborative team of staff members, board of directors, co-op students, and volunteers. LondonFuse has seen many contributing members come and go… and many times come back again. All of our projects and events are truly a community endeavour, which makes what we do so exciting and rewarding.
WHAT LONDONFUSE DOES
Our content is created by a team of volunteers from London who want to document and spread the word about London’s unique culture and arts scene.
LondonFuse has two main mediums intended to promote community engagement:
1. LondonFuse.ca is our online publication
2. Our Contributor Program fuels our publications and provides experience for emerging talents and allows volunteer contributors to hone their skills of content creation.
We are always looking for ways to grow our content and reach more groups that are pushing the boundaries of what’s exciting, what events are happening and the latest new thing that we can become obsessed with.
We’re currently seeking community-minded individuals to join our Board for a two-year term.
Positions that we are actively recruiting for are:
- Committee Members (separate from the Board of Directors, contact us if you are interested in learning more)
All Londoners are welcome to indicate their interest or nominate others they feel might be appropriate. If you or your nominee has any experience in fundraising, that would be an asset.
The LondonFuse Board of Directors is a working board, overseeing the fiscal responsibility and strategic vision of the organization. Our vision is a sustainable LondonFuse that enables our stakeholders to have an impact on our community and our core team values are Inspiration, Transparency, and Positivity.
The commitment of a LondonFuse Board member is typically 8-10 hours per month, including two hours in preparation for meetings, with one mandatory Board Meeting each month (except for August and December) and voluntary committee meetings.
- Promote LondonFuse and represent the brand positively
- Attend monthly Board Meetings and Committee Meetings prepared
- Participate as a decision-making Board Director
- Create and take initiative on projects
- Be active in fundraising and sales processes
- Collaborate with partners and bring new connections to the organization
- Participate in contributor programming and content
- Grow your professional and interpersonal skills
- Be inspired, transparent, and positive
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
We’d love for you to express your interest in any way that feels most natural to you.
Your expression of interest could include:
- Your current (if any) involvement with LondonFuse or other community organizations
- Your interests and passion in the work being done (or that can be done) in London’s arts and culture community
- Your relevant skills and expertise
- Any prior experience that is relevant to the role
- Any unique perspectives, viewpoints, or experiences that you may have
- Anything else that will help us get to know you better
Feel free to submit your expression of interest in any format you like, for example via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations will be made for those candidates requiring additional accessible methods.
Once we’ve received your expressions of interest, they will be reviewed by a committee made up of current board members. We commit to being transparent through the process.
Thank you for your interest. If you’d like to learn more about the Board and our work, feel free to reach out.
LondonFuse strives to foster a welcoming environment for all members of the London community, without regard to race, gender, age, colour, national origin, ethnic background, socioeconomic status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
LondonFuse has been funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation and many of our projects are supported by the City of London, and the Ministry of Advanced Educational and Skills Development.
Application deadline: August 20, 2019