We are looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Directors.
WHO YOU ARE
You have experience with accounting or bookkeeping. You are active in your community and appreciate good storytelling. You want to help to define London’s culture and lead a group of active community members. You have experience with not-for-profit organizations.
WHO WE ARE
LondonFuse New Media Collective (LondonFuse) is a registered not-for-profit organization that promotes art, lifestyle and culture in London, Ontario and beyond.
We are made up of a Board of Directors and a group of fierce volunteers. LondonFuse has seen many contributing members come and go… and many times come back again. All of our projects and events are truly a community endeavor, which makes what we do so exciting and rewarding.
WHAT LONDONFUSE DOES
LondonFuse produces written and visual content that has two main mediums intended to promote community engagement:
1. LondonFuse.ca is our online publication
2. Our Contributor Program fuels our online publication and provides an outlet for community members
We’re currently seeking a community-minded Treasurer to join our Board for a two-year term.
All are welcome to indicate their interest or nominate others they feel might be appropriate. If you or your nominee has any experience in fundraising, that would be an added bonus.
The LondonFuse Board of Directors is a working board, overseeing the fiscal responsibility and strategic vision of the organization. The commitment of a LondonFuse Board member is typically 8-10 hours per month, including two hours in preparation for meetings, with one mandatory Board Meeting each month (except for August and December) and voluntary committee meetings.
- Attend all Meetings prepared and submit a monthly Treasurer’s Report
- Use Quickbooks Online to create reports, create invoices, print cheques, etc.
- File an annual GST Rebate
- Promote LondonFuse and represent the brand positively
- Participate as a decision-making Board Director
- Be active in fundraising
- Grow your professional and interpersonal skills
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
We’d love for you to express your interest in any way that feels most natural to you.
Your expression of interest could include:
- Your current (if any) involvement with LondonFuse or other community organizations
- Your interests and passion in the work being done (or that can be done) in London’s arts and culture community
- Your relevant skills and expertise
- Any prior experience that is relevant to the role
- Any unique perspectives, viewpoints, or experiences that you may have
- Anything else that will help us get to know you better
Feel free to submit your expression of interest in any format you like, for example via email to email@example.com. Accommodations will be made for those candidates requiring additional accessible methods.
Once we’ve received your expressions of interest, they will be reviewed by our current board members. We commit to being transparent through the process.
Thank you for your interest. If you’d like to learn more about the Board and our work, feel free to reach out.
LondonFuse strives to foster a welcoming environment for all members of the London community, without regard to race, gender, age, colour, national origin, ethnic background, socioeconomic status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
LondonFuse has been funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation and many of our projects are supported by the City of London, and the Ministry of Advanced Educational and Skills Development.