Why Donate to LondonFuse?
LondonFuse is a not-for-profit organization that is entirely volunteer run by a team of dedicated Board Directors and volunteer contributors who are the the legs we stand on. We exist purely on grant funding, hired services, sponsorships, and, you guessed it, donations!
We are doing everything we can to create sustainability for our organization. That means the above mentioned items as well consistent innovation and new ideas. But it also means determining our capacity and creating processes to achieve our aim. And what is that you ask?
The Aim of LondonFuse
The aim of LondonFuse is to “promote arts and culture in London, Ontario and beyond.” That’s simple enough, right? Well, in order to do that, we must also determine what our idea of “arts” and “culture” are in the Fuse-dom. From there, we must create the processes that help us achieve that aim. Processes like:
- Building a Contributor Program that delivers value to our volunteers AND creates interesting, unique content;
- Keeping our site active and accessible;
- Running workshops for our Contributors and the general public that deliver new ideas and skills in an engaging way;
- Rolling out unique, engaging, and sometimes strange community events for all to enjoy (… ahem, Bad Art Festival);
- Being available to the public to help share stories about London and the world from a Londoner’s perspective!
And we do all of those things with a small but mighty team and the talent of our volunteer contributors to deliver londonfuse.ca and our events to the London public in order to engage them in cool, fun, cultural happenings.
To wrap it all up and put a bow on it…
That’s why we have left open our Donate to LondonFuse button indefinitely. Through our aim to promote arts and culture in London and beyond, your donation helps us to share a story about a new small business that opened up in the Forest City or a dance troupe performing in a public space.
There is no set fee to your donation, nor any obligation to keep donating. In fact, if you want to support us by sharing stories we write on your Facebook page, or coming to an event of ours – we’re happy!