This past Saturday I got the chance to participate in one of the best events of the year: London's first Rock Lottery. The show was at APK Live, and the place was packed. 25 musicians formed 5 bands who wrote 5 songs all in a single day, to perform them that night. The acts rocked the hell out of the place, and it was an amazing night full of music, culture, and most importantly, community.
I did sound for the night and managed to pull together a recording of the show. After a good 12 hours of restoration, editing, cutting, and much more, I'm hosting it here for everyone to enjoy.
Click here to download the .zip file. (>200 MB. Could take a little while to download).
Thank you so much to Bonnie Jarvis Goodden and Sophie Quick who organized the event. Thank you to every musician who played! Each and every one of you are amazing, talented people and musicians. Thank you to all of the help at the door and venue getting things organized. Thank you to everyone who came!
This night was a perfect example of exactly what London should be!
A few notes:
- These recordings are for nostalgia!
- If you unzip the file and toss everything into iTunes or any other player, they should import just fine.
- The recordings were mixed deaf (no headphone mix or live preview). I did my best.
- I've removed some silence between acts / sets / songs for a better listening experience, but maintained all of the candid moments of the night.
- I gave the songs arbitrary names, just for convenience.
If you have other content from the Rock Lottery, or want to discuss the night, make an account here on FUSE and post away!